Friday, May 6, 2011

New Adventures

I recently moved across state - an eight hour drive - and have been staying with my daughter and grandson while looking for a place of my own.  And hooray!!  I signed a lease yesterday on a modern, well insulated and well maintained two bedroom apartment.  It's upstairs from my daughter's place, but I made sure it would be okay with her.  After all, when most young people move out on their own they really prefer having some distance included in their independence, lol.
I'm not sure how long it will take to actually get moved in and settled but I'm looking forward to having my art supplies available again.  Art supplies are top priority - with kitchen things running a close second.  It's been challenging creating journal pages, etc when the only materials I have are eight pastels and eight water color crayons.  I am so looking forward to experimenting again and delving into new techniques.  All the wonderful videos and classes available online!  My fingers, hands and spirit are just itching to get started on all the new adventures (creative and otherwise) waiting for me.  And I'm so very glad to have you here to share the adventures with!!
Wishing everyone a fantastic weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking at blogs from the links on the Strathmore Workshop. Congratulations on your new home. I think it's great that you are living upstairs from your daughter. I hope you get settled in with your art supplies very soon. And Congrats on working on journal pages when you only have a few supplies unpacked. That takes a lot of artistic motivation. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIchelle, I'm so happy that you stopped by! Aren't the Strathmore workshops great? I'm really looking forward to getting caught up with everyone :) and should have everything unpacked by this coming weekend. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments; I read and appreciate them all! Cynthia